2011年5月17日星期二

The Lede: Libyan Woman Describes Rape by Qaddafi Forces

 

Eman al-Obeidy, a Libyan woman who burst into a Tripoli hotel packed with foreign journalists in March to say that she had been raped by members of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s security forces, described her ordeal in an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News conducted in Doha, the capital of Qatar, where she has found refuge.


Ms. Obeidy spoke to Jonathan Miller, one of the reporters who had tried to protect her from Libyan government agents in the Rixos Hotel in March.


Here is video of the interview broadcast by Channel 4 News on Monday night:


In the interview, Ms. Obeidy told Mr. Miller that she had been kidnapped and then raped by a dozen or more men, in part because they could tell from her accent and her identity card that she came from the rebellious east of the country. She said:



During the attack they insulted people from the east. I was asking them, What did I do wrong? I didn’t do anything, all I did wrong was being from the east. That was clearly stated in my I.D.


They told me, ‘Where are the men from the east? Let them come and see what we do to their women. Let them see how we rape their women, and humiliate them.’


They used weapons while having sex with me. Everything they did was bad, and they kept saying, ‘We are the Qaddafis, we will stay in power.’


 

没有评论:

发表评论